Monday, June 14, 2010

Chapter 7-8 Q5: List and describe the five components of a typical supply chain.


Traditional SCM thinking involved “I buy from my suppliers, I sell to my customers.” Today, organizations are quickly realizing the tremendous value they can gain from having visibility throughout its supply chain. Knowing immediately what is transacting at the customer end of the supply chain, instead of waiting days or weeks for this information to flow upstream, allows the organization to react immediately. The role of SCM is evolving and it is not uncommon for suppliers to be involved in product development and for distributors to act as consultants in brand marketing.
The components of a typical supply chain include:

· Supplier’s supplier
· Supplier
· Manufacturer
· Distributor
· Retailer
· Customer
· Customer’s Customer

http://techsci.msun.edu/wilke/BUS%20Courses/BUS%20406/Summer%2006%20Distance/Notes/chapter_ten.htm

.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good gains. If you know of any please share. Appreciate it!
    top private equity firms

    ReplyDelete